We reserve the right to change any of the terms of this Agreement and in any policies, guidelines or instructions governing the Site or Services at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective upon posting on the Site. You are responsible to periodically check for the most current terms that apply to your transactions on the Site.
YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THIS SITE AND THE SERVICES FOLLOWING THE POSTING OF ANY CHANGES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF SUCH CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE CHANGES, DO NOT CONTINUE TO USE THE SERVICES OR THE SITE.
Meemee is a portal for users to create their own personalized online TV channel via the Site and other related means. Services may be offered by Meemee itself or by a third party partner/service provider. Unless otherwise stated this Agreement applies to all Services.
Meemee’s Code of Ethics
Visitors to the Site and users of Services will operate in a lawful, ethical and professional manner. Visitors and users shall conduct themselves in a fair, responsible and businesslike manner at all times and will avoid any discourteous, deceptive, misleading or unethical practices.
Examples of unethical or illegal activities include, but are not limited to the following:
· False, misleading or disparaging statements of any kind including but not limited to about Meemee or its affiliated entities or any person or entity using the Site or the Services;
· Any unauthorized use of the name, logo, trademark or copyrighted material of Meemee, it affiliated entities or any other person or entity;
· Violation of any federal, state or local laws or regulations;
· “Spamming” is the abuse of electronic messaging systems to indiscriminately send unsolicited bulk messages. While the most widely recognized from of spam is e-mail spam, the term is applied to similar abuse in other media such as but not limited to instant messaging, Usenet newsgroups, web search engines, spam in blogs, wiki spam, mobile phone messaging spam, Internet forum spam, and junk fax transmissions. Spamming is strictly prohibited by Meetmee and will result in the immediate termination of your account. Spamming may also be illegal under applicable laws and may subject you to civil or criminal penalties.
The Site and the Services are not intended for use by children. You may only access the Site and use the Services if you are of legal age to lawfully form a binding contract. Regardless of your age, if you are prohibited from receiving Meemee Services under the laws of your country of residence or the laws of any other applicable jurisdiction you may not access or use the Site or the Services. If you are not at least 18 years old and don't have your parents' permission to use the Site you may not access the Site or use any Services. By using the Site or Services you affirm that you are 18 years of age or older or if you are under the age of 18 you affirm that you have parental consent. Even if you are old enough to use the Meemee service, some of the content available on Meemee may not be appropriate for you. Some content may contain “R-rated” material, nudity, profanity, and mature subject matter.
You may browse the Site and view some content without registering but as a condition to using certain aspects of the Service you may be required to register with Meemee and provide your name and e-mail address and select a password. You must provide Meemee with accurate, complete, and updated registration information. Failure to do so will constitute a breach of this Agreement and may result in immediate termination of your account. In any case Meemee reserves the right to refuse registration or cancel an account in its sole discretion. You are solely responsible for activity that occurs on your account and are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information. You will immediately notify Meemee in writing of any unauthorized use of your account or any other account related security breach of which you are aware. You will NOT:
· use a name that incorporates a URL or name of another person with the intent to impersonate that person or that is otherwise subject to any rights of another person without appropriate authorization;
· use a name that incorporates a URL or name that is offensive, vulgar or obscene;
· use another user’s account without express permission;
· create accounts using automated methods;
· use the Site for any illegal activities; or
· use the Site for the distribution of unsolicited email ("spam") or any other malicious content.
Fees and Payments
It is free to register and create a channel with Meemee, as well as view the shows on the Meemee.tv channels. However, Meemee does charge fees for certain services, including upgrading to additional features, customizations, and premium content on some channels.
When you use a Service that has a fee you have an opportunity to review and accept the fees that will be charged. Features and prices are subject to change. Changes to fees charged by Meemee are effective after Meemee provides notice by posting the changes on the Site. Meemee may choose to temporarily charge a fee for its Services for promotional events (for example, free listing days) or new services and such changes are effective when Meemee posts the temporary promotional event or new Service on the Site. All fees may be subject to taxes.
You are responsible for paying all fees and applicable taxes associated with your use of the Site and the Services. In the event a listing is removed for violating this Agreement any fees paid are non-refundable unless in its sole discretion Meemee determines that a refund is appropriate.
Purchases of other products and services through Meemee may be subject to other terms and conditions that are presented to you at the time of purchase.
All conversions from USD to other currencies are approximate, and will be affected by rounding, currency exchange rates at the time of purchase, fees charged by your bank or financial institution, and rounding to the nearest whole digit.
No Automated Querying
You may not send automated queries of any sort to Meemee's system without express permission in advance from Meemee. Note that "sending automated queries" includes, among other things:
· using any software which sends queries to Meemee to determine how a website or webpage "ranks" on the Site for various queries;
· "meta-searching" Meemee or the Site; and
· performing "offline" searches on the Site.
Please do not request permission to "meta-search" Meemee.tv for a research project, as such requests will not be granted.
All information, data, text, software, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages, tags, or other materials, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from whom such content originated. This means that you are entirely responsible for all content that you upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site or the Services. Meemee does not control content posted and does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of content. In using the Site or the Services you may be exposed to content that you may find offensive, indecent or objectionable. Under no circumstances will Meemee be liable in any way for any content, including but not limited to any errors or omissions in any content or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any content posted or otherwise made available via the Site or the Services.
Your use of software made available by Meemee is subject to any license agreement or user agreement that accompanies or is included with the software, the download and upload processes and documents that accompany the software (“License Terms”). In the event that software is provided on or through the Site and is not licensed for your use through License Terms specific to the software, you may use the software subject to the following: (a) the software may not be modified or altered in any way; and (b the software may not be redistributed.
You agree NOT to use the Site or the Services to:
· upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable or that harm minors in any way;
· impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to, a Meemee representative, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
· forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or the Services;
· upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a legal right to make available ;
· upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
· upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," or any other form of solicitation or promotion;
· upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains malicious software;
· interfere with or disrupt the Site or Services or servers or networks connected to the Site or the Services;
· violate any applicable laws or any regulations having the force of law; or
· "stalk" or otherwise harass another person.
Meemee has the right (but not the obligation) in its sole discretion to screen, refuse, move or remove any content that violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
You bear all risks associated with the use of any content on the Site or in connection with the Services including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such content.
You acknowledge that Meemee may access, preserve and disclose your account information and content if required to do so by law or in a good faith belief that such access preservation or disclosure is reasonably necessary to: (a) comply with legal process; (b) enforce the provisions of this Agreement; (c) respond to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; (d) respond to your requests for customer service; or (e) protect the rights, property or personal safety of Meemee, its users and the public.
The Services and software embodied within the Service may include security components that permit digital materials to be protected. The use of these materials is subject to usage rules set by Meemee and/or its technology providers. You may not attempt to override or circumvent any of the usage rules embedded in the Services.
The above licenses will continue unless and until you remove your videos from Meemee.tv. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the license for legal archival/preservation will continue indefinitely.
Representations and Warranties
For each piece of content that you submit, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the right to submit the content to Meemee and grant the licenses set forth above; (ii) Meemee will not need to obtain licenses from any third party or pay royalties to any third party; (iii) the content does not infringe on any third party’s rights, including intellectual property rights and privacy rights; and (iv) the content complies with this Agreement and all applicable laws.
All content included on the Site and in connection with the Services such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations and software, is the property of Meemee or its content suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. All software used on this site is the property of Meemee or its software suppliers and is protected by international copyright laws. All of the trademarks, service marks, logos, brand and trade names appearing on the Site are the proprietary intellectual property of the owners of such marks, logos or names and you may not use, modify, remove or otherwise infringe any of such proprietary intellectual property. Meemee retains full ownership rights with respect to the Site and the Services including but not limited to design, functionality, and documentation. You may not copy, edit, or reproduce any part of the Site or the Services.
The Digital Millennium Copyright Act provides protections to Meemee relating to material posted online at the discretion of users of the Site. If you are a copyright owner and believe that any content on the Site infringes your copyrights you may inform us by submitting a notice including the information listed below, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing addressed to:
3674 Beach Blvd
Jacksonville, FL 32217
· a specific description of the alleged infringement and the copyrighted work that you believe has been violated;
· the exact location of the infringing material on the Site;
· your contact information; and
· a statement by a person authorized to take action on behalf of the owner of the copyright certifying that the information provided is true and correct.
Indemnity and Defense
You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless Meemee and its affiliates (and their respective employees, directors, agents and representatives) from and against any and all claims, costs, losses, damages, judgments, penalties, interest and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that arise out of or relate to: (i) your use of the Site or the Services; (ii) any actual or alleged breach of your representations, warranties, or obligations set forth in this Agreement; (iii) any content you provide including but not limited to any actual or alleged infringement of any intellectual property or proprietary rights of any third party.
Limitation of Liability
Meemee will not be liable for direct or indirect damages of any kind, including without limitation incidental, punitive or consequential damage or loss arising out of or in connection with this Agreement, the Site, the Services, inability to use the Site or the Services, or resulting from any goods or services obtained or messages received or transactions entered into through the Site or the Services.
Disclaimer of Warranties
The Site and the Services are provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis. Meemee makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, concerning the Site, the Services or the content thereof. To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law Meemee disclaims any and all such warranties including without limitation:
· Any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and non-infringement;
· That the Site or the Services will meet your requirements, will always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, or operate without error:
· That the information, content and materials included on the Site will be as represented;
· Any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade; and
· Any obligation, liability, right, claim or remedy in tort, whether or not arising from the negligence of Meemee.
Third Party websites
The inclusion of any link on the Site or in connection with the Services does not imply that Meemee endorses, recommends or is affiliated with the linked website or organization. You are solely responsible for and assume all risk arising from your access to and/or use of any such linked websites.
Electronic Delivery of Notices
By using the Site or the Services you consent to electronically receive from Meemee any communications including notices, agreements, legally required disclosures or other information in connection with the Services. Meemee may also provide such notices by posting them on the Site. If you desire to withdraw your consent to receive notices electronically you must discontinue your use of Site and the Services.
Venue and Applicable Law
Meemee’s Site is created, operated and controlled by Meemee in the State of Florida, United States of America. The laws of the State of Florida govern this Agreement without giving effect to principles of conflicts of laws. Any action arising under this Agreement shall be brought only in courts located in Leon County, Florida, which shall have exclusive jurisdiction and you consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.
In the event that any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable the remaining provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect.
Meemee will not be considered to have waived any of rights or remedies described in this Agreement unless the waiver is in writing and signed by Meemee. No delay or omission by us in exercising our rights or remedies will impair or be construed as a waiver. Any single or partial exercise of a right or remedy will not preclude further exercise of any other right or remedy. Our failure to enforce the strict performance of any provision of this Agreement will not constitute a waiver of Meemee’s right to subsequently enforce such provision or any other provisions of this Agreement.
Relationship of Parties
Meemee is not your agent, fiduciary, trustee, or representative. Nothing expressed or implied in this Agreement is intended or shall be construed to give to any person other than the parties hereto any legal or equitable right, remedy, or claim under or in respect to this Agreement. This Agreement is intended for the sole and exclusive benefit of Meemee and you.
This Agreement, including any provisions incorporated by reference constitute the entire agreement of the parties with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes and cancels all prior and contemporaneous agreements, claims, representations, and understandings of the parties in connection with the subject matter hereof.